To be fair, I don’t know Gary V personally, but he is using Spotify all the time. And if you know him, you know his motto it “watch what I’m doing, not what I’m saying”.
Spotify is a big one that’s been under the radar for a while now.
If you didn’t catch it in the above image, this playlist has 77k followers. Which is a huge amount of people who Gary instant has their attention.
Now you may be saying “that’s fine for Gary, but I work in X industry… and I can’t do that”
Have you ever seen someone whose doesn’t listen to music? Music and podcasts cross into multiple industries and Spotify is one of the largest listener bases online today.
Alright, now you’re convinced. So what now?
Let’s start our own Spotify playlist. Which you can do for free.
- Create a playlist on Spotify
- Make the playlist name resonate with your audience and the category of music.
- Create your own cover art on Canva or Photoshop (Spotify cover art size 1500 x 1500 pixels).
- Promote your playlist and start sharing it with your audience.
- BONUS TIP: update the playlist on a regular cadence. Gary V updates his every week, but if that’s too aggressive try every month.
If you want an example, here’s a link to the Playlist for my apparel brand Get Some
Drop some links in the comments below with your new playlists or a link to your favorite one!
As always if you have questions let me know. Happy to help.